Deutsches Zentrum für Kinder- und Jugendrheumatologie
Phone: 0049 8821 701 0
About the Clinic
Inflammatory rheumatic illnesses in children are to be clearly distinguished from adult diseases. The earlier such an illness is diagnosed, the better the patients may be treated.
Being Europe-wide the largest special clinic for children and adolescent rheumatology, we have been devoted to our special field for 60 years. The treatment takes place on the basis of the “Garmischer Therapiekonzept”. This Garmisch Treatment Concept combines state-of-the-art medical care, physio & ergotherapeutic as well as social-psychological aspects in the context of a comprehensive and interdisciplinary therapy approach that enjoys international reputation.
Childhood rheumatic diseases are usually chronic illnesses which occur not only as chronic joint inflammation (Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis) but also as connective tissue disease (collagenosis) or vascular inflammation (vasculitides). In addition, we take care of other inflammatory diseases of the skeleton as well as so-called autoinflammatory diseases (periodic fever syndromes). All these diseases require professional qualified regular care. Therefore – besides the out-patient and inpatient treatment – we equally offer support in setting up a patient-oriented treatment network. Furthermore, we would like to emphasize the unique location of our clinic in Garmisch – Partenkirchen in the middle of the Bavarian mountains.
In cooperation with the Sozialpädiatrischen Zentrum we are a charitable institution called Kinderklinik Garmisch-Partenkirchen gemeinnützige GmbH and a member of Diakonie Bayern. Furthermore, our house is an academic teaching institution of the Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU).
Performance Range Overview
Out-patient and inpatient diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic illnesses in children and adolescents
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy and physical applications
- Social paedagogic consulting and support team
- Psychological care
- Age-adapted patient and parent training courses
- Clinic school
- Center for pain therapy
- Medical consultants (ophthalmologist, orthopaedist, dentist, orthodontist, dermatologist)
- Orthopaedic Technicians
- Outdoor education, dance-, music-, und hippo therapies
- 3 D – Gait analysis
- Training ambulance, further training opportunities, publications
- Discussion panels on the German homepage www.rheuma-kinderklinik.de
- Annual symposium on pediatric rheumatology and additional training events
- Annual rheumatism symposium and additional training events